Select the part of the text that interests you with the cursor and click on "+ " in the top bar.
Create an annotation to refers directly your source to an Entity
A green lower bar appears which allows you to drag and drop your entity, previously searched in your list of entities on the left.
Drag and drop your entity in the green table to create an annotation
This is also explained in the video below (some elements in the interface have changed):
Annotate cells in a table
Annotate cells of a table and link them to corresponding entities.
switch to 'edit-mode' and click on the 'link-icon' of the column you are interested in
map this column to the correct entity class (e.g person, geographical place etc.)
A greyed side-column appears in the maped column. Use it to match individual cells with entities of your project by clicking on the '3-dots-icon'.
(1) activate 'edit-mode' and click on the 'link-icon'
(2) map the column to the corresponding class
(3) select the cell you want to link with an entity
(4) view of a table with matched entities
Link entities with source objects
Link an entity to source objects of your library. You can qualify this link in distinguishing whether the entity is the main topic of the linked source or whether it is simply mentioned in this source.
open entity you want to link and enable 'edit-mode'
navigate to the "Annotations" section on the right
select is mentioned in or is topic of and click on '+'-icon
Select in what type of source object your entity is mentioned in.
Select one of the existing source objects from a drop-down menu and indicate an exact reference if wished.
(1) Select in what type of source object your entity is mentioned in.
(2) Select one of the existing source objects from a drop-down menu and indicate an exact reference if wished.
Select in what type of source object your entity is topic of.
Search on the right side in your project's library for an existing source object.
--> You can filter the search results for your project.
(1) Select in what type of source object your entity is topic of.
(2) Search on the right side in your project's library for an existing source object.
Note that ideally you add first the source object to your project's library (source module) before linking an entity to it. Learn here more about it.